Saturday 20 November 2021

Something to think about

We maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. Romans 3:28

 

Paul was very clear about “justification by faith”. Here are two statements you might like to think about…

1 We are justified by faith. We are not justified by believing in justification by faith.

2 Justification by faith is not a doctrine you believe in, it’s a discovery you make.

 

And two questions which you might like to discuss with your friends…

1 Are these two statements true?

2 If they are, what follows?

 

I would love to hear what conclusions you come to.

 

Thank you, Father, that my salvation comes purely as a gift of your kindness, mercy and grace. Please bring home to my mind the sheer wonder of that truth, and then help me to express it in my daily living. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment